The Google Earth file and 3D model that drew my attention is this one featuring the Battle of Fort Sumter. The file contains the following:
- 3D version of Fort Sumter before it was attacked
- 3D version of the Floating Battery of Charleston that was used to fire on Fort Sumter
- Historical map overlays of the locations of various Confederate Batteries that fired on Fort Sumter.
- These maps come from Library of Congress and the National Archives
- Geo-located Civil War Era photos of the damage Fort Sumter endured and the locations of the Confederate batteries. These photos also come from Library of Congress and the National Archives
- Twitter Feeds of the Washington Post's twitter campaign of the Civil War
- Links to Qwiki and Wikipedia articles and media about the Battle and various locations