Narrable is a neat service for creating short narrated slideshows. Narrable is kind of like VoiceThread mashed with Animoto. To create an audio slideshow on Narrable start by uploading some pictures that you either want to talk about or have music played behind. After the pictures are uploaded you can record a narration for each picture through your computer's microphone or by calling into your Narrable's access phone number. You can also upload an audio recording that is stored on your computer.
Applications for Education
Narrable could be a good service for students to use to tell a short story by adding narration to pictures that they have taken or found online. Have students search for some Creative Commons licensed images arranged around topics that they're studying then record a short slideshow about them.
Here are the details of the email I received from Narrable regarding their new education plan.
You talked, and we listened. We’ve been hard at work implementing your suggestions and we are excited to introduce the Narrable Teacher Account!
How To Upgrade your account for FREE:
- Since you're logged in, click on your name in the upper right-hand corner to reveal an account overview window.
- Click on the blue "Upgrade" button to see the Plans and Pricing page.
- Find the "Teacher" account and click on the associated blue "Select Plan" button.
- Please enter the name of your school, the subject(s) you teach, and the grade(s) that you teach and click on the blue "Submit" button.
- Congratulations! Your plan is successfully changed. Click on the "Okay" button and know how grateful we are to have you as a part of the Narrable EDU Community.
You now have FREE UNLIMITED narrables!If you have any trouble along the way, simple click on the "Support" tab on the left side of your browser window and let us know how we can help. Don't worry - you're a part of the Narrable community now. We won't leave you stranded.