- Multiple layers can be used for showing data differences on a year over year or month over month basis.
- You can display the same data with different base layers for comparison.
- Students working collaboratively on a map can be responsible for editing their own layers on the same map.
- If you’re using My Maps to have students create literature trips (look here for inspiration), they can create a different layer for each chapter of a book.
- Students mapping the history of an event like the U.S. Civil War can create a different layer for each year of the war.
Click here for video tutorials on My Maps.