Practical Ed Tech Summer Camps in Portland, Maine. The first one on July 11th and 12th is designed for people who are working or will be working in BYOD (bring your own device) and 1:1 programs.
The Practical Ed Tech BYOD Camp is based on my framework of helping teachers help students use technology to discover, discuss, and demonstrate. To that end here are ten things that you can learn during the Practical Ed Tech BYOD Camp on July 11th and 12th.
1. Clever ways to teach search strategies.
2. Use augmented reality as a search and discovery tool.
3. How to get cheap or free mobile devices for your classroom.
4. Design projects that students can complete even with intermittent internet access.
5. Create engaging video and audio projects.
6. Develop real-world projects that matter to kids.
7. Get parents involved in your students' projects.
8. Workflow in BYOD and 1:1 environments.
9. Develop digital portfolios with your students. Including how to incorporate physical artifacts into digital portfolios.
10. Everything you'll ever want to know about Google Apps.
Register for the Practical Ed Tech BYOD Camp by April 30th and you can save $50 off standard registration. Subscribers to the PracticalEdTech.com newsletter can save an additional $25 by entering the code "subscriber" at checkout.
Have a colleague or two who wants to join you? Special rates are available for two or more people registering from the same school district. Email me richardbyrne (at) freetech4teachers.com for details.