Saturday, September 17, 2016
2. Parents are privy to the comments and question that their children raise in regards to school. Parents often complain that their kids come home from school and say,"nothing" in response to the question, "what did you do in school today?"
3. Authoring a classroom blog can be a great way to create a record of what you and your students do in your classroom. By the end of the school year it can be hard to recall what you did in which week earlier in the school year. The blog's archive makes it easy to look back at the year.
4. Authoring a classroom blog provides students with a real-world audience for their work. Connect with another classroom or two to become blogging buddies. Students in each class then have an audience for their work that extends beyond the typical confines of a paper-based writing assignment or face-to-face classroom conversation.
5. A classroom blog can provide parents and students with a calendar of upcoming events and assignments.
Blogs & Social Media for Teachers & School Leaders is an online course that covers these ideas and many more in much greater depth than a blog post does. Learn more about the course on this page.
Here are this week's most popular posts:
1. How to Create a Check-in/ Check-out System In Google Forms
2. How to Create Simple Comics on Pixton
3. Symbolab - An Online Graphing Calculator and More
4. NEW Apple Teacher Site Offers FREE Professional Development
5. Campaign Comics Templates for Kids
6. Streamline Your Feedback Process in Google Docs
7. 7 Good Tools for Creating Timelines
Getting Going With GAFE, Teaching History With Technology, and Blogs & Social Media for Teachers will start in October. Graduate credits are available.
Please visit the official advertisers that help keep this blog going.
Practical Ed Tech is the brand through which I offer PD webinars.
Storyboard That is my go-to tool for creating storyboards.
Haiku Deck offers the best alternative to PowerPoint.
Pixton provides a create way to create comics.
SeeSaw is the best platform for creating digital portfolios with K-8 students.
Discovery Education & Wilkes University offer online courses for earning Master's degrees in Instructional Media.
PrepFactory offers a great place for students to prepare for SAT and ACT tests.
The University of Maryland Baltimore County offers graduate programs for teachers.
Boise State University offers a 100% online program in educational technology.
EdTechTeacher is hosting host workshops in six cities in the U.S. in the summer.
Buncee offers a great tool for creating visual stories.My Simpleshow provides a great way to create explainer videos.