- Three favorite moments from the last school year.
- Favorite part of summer vacation.
- All-time best moment in school.
- Three questions they want to find the answers to this year.
- Favorite book or movie and why.
Think about what your students' parents want to know about. What do they ask you about at open house night or parent-teacher conferences? Think about that for a few minutes and you'll have a some good blog topics. I did that this spring as I prepared to teach a course on blogging. Here's the list of blog post topics that I developed.
- How to manage your child’s web use
- How to talk to kids about web use
- How to prevent the summer slide
- 5 fun, free educational activities to do at home (think Maker activities)
- 5 local field trips to do on rainy days
- 5 local field trips to do on sunny days
- A glossary of Tween vocabulary
- 5 things parents should know about Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram/ Snapchat/ YikYak
- 5 tasty and healthy snacks to send to school
- How to talk to kids about bullying
Join Blogs & Social Media for Teachers & School Leaders to learn how to develop a great school or classroom blog.