This week I took some time off to visit family and friends and to ski. I hope that all of you who were on school vacation had a restful week too.
In December I had the privilege to speak at events in Massachusetts and in Kansas. This month I'll be going to the FETC and BETT conferences. If you're going to be at either one, please say hello.
2015 was a year of highs and lows for me. I chronicled many of those highs and lows in a post on Worms In the Fridge.
Here are the most popular posts from December, 2015:
1. 10 Good Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms Add-ons for Teachers
2. 5 Great Things You Can Do With Google Sheets
3. A Short Overview of 12 Tools for Creating Flipped Classroom Lessons
4. Click to Spin - A Fun and Free Random Name Picker
5. 15 Good Tools for Quickly Gathering Feedback from Students
6. 11 Apps and Sites for Learning to Code
7. EDPuzzle Now Has a Google Classroom Integration
8. 10 Good YouTube Channels for Math Lessons
9. A Great List of Web Tools That Don't Require Registration
10. 5 Things We Can do to Prepare Students to Work Independently
On January 5th I'm starting a new section of Getting Going With GAFE (Google Apps for Education). Three graduate credits are available in that course. More information about that course is available here.
On January 11th I'm starting a new section of Classroom Blog Jumpstart. More information about that online class is available here.
Would you like to have me speak at your school or conference?
Click here to learn about my professional development services.
Please visit the official advertisers that help keep this blog going.
Practical Ed Tech is the brand through which I offer PD webinars.
BoomWriter provides a fantastic tool for creating writing lessons.
Storyboard That is my go-to tool for creating storyboards and cartoon stories.
Discovery Education & Wilkes University offer online courses for earning Master's degrees in Instructional Media.
PrepFactory offers a great place for students to prepare for SAT and ACT tests.
The University of Maryland Baltimore County offers graduate programs for teachers.
Boise State University offers a 100% online program in educational technology.
EdTechTeacher is hosting host workshops in six cities in the U.S. in the summer.
SeeSaw is a great iPad app for creating digital portfolios.
Lesley University offers online education programs for teachers.
Southeastern University offers online M.Ed programs.