To get started, you will need to set up a free account. Then you will either set up new classes manually or import them from Google Classroom. ClassFlow has an app called ClassFlow Moments that is specifically designed to keep parents in the loop. As a teacher you have many options for what you can include in your classes including:
- Interactive Whiteboard- Draw freehand or insert text and shapes.
- Quick Poll- Select from eight types of questions including multiple choice, true/false, essay, and creative response.
- New Lesson- Create one or more cards that contain text, pictures, and shapes.
- New Activity- Categorize items, crossword puzzle, flashcards, labeling diagrams, matching, memory, sequencing, timelines, Venn diagrams, and word search.
- Assessments- Build different types questions to check for understanding including, multiple choice, true/false, short answer, essay, and creative response.
Applications for Education
This entire app is designed to be used in classrooms and can be used with students at all grade levels. I think one potential benefit would be for teachers to use ClassFlow when they are not physically present in the classroom. Resources and activities could all be housed in one place, making it easy for students and substitute teachers to access. Like many things in a classroom, this would take practice and repetition to make sure students were comfortable with it.