Veterans Day is next weekend which means this upcoming week will be a great opportunity to visit with students about the meaning of this federal holiday. These resources have suggestions for how students of all ages can honor veterans as well as some activities that can be done schoolwide.
- Veterans Day Teacher Guide- This 35 page guide is filled with ideas for ways to honor veterans. There are suggestions for what schools can do as a whole as well as activities that individual students can complete.
- PBS News Hour- 45-minute lesson plan for middle and high school students.
- Veterans Day Activities- Numerous activities for students elementary students including printouts, worksheets, and poetry activities.
- Veterans Day FAQ's- Answers about the most common questions regarding Veterans Day.
- Veterans Day from the History Channel- Articles, speeches, videos, and pictures about Veterans Day.
- Operation We are Here- Numerous ideas for students of all ages for how to honor veterans.
Here are some additional resources for teaching about Veterans Day.