Bet You Didn't Know: Veterans Day. The video explains the origins of the holiday and why its date of celebration has twice shifted in the United States. The end of the video includes an explanation of the differences between Memorial Day and Veterans Day. PBS News Hour has a basic lesson plan about Veterans Day. That lesson plan includes showing them Bet You Didn't Know: Veterans Day
NBC News offers the following short audio slideshow about the history and meaning of Veterans Day.
- ReadWorks offers a selection of texts about Veterans Day. The passages include questions for discussion. ReadWorks offers texts for all grade levels.
- Veterans Day Teacher Guide- This 35 page guide is filled with ideas for ways to honor veterans. There are suggestions for what schools can do as a whole as well as activities that individual students can complete.
- PBS News Hour- 45-minute lesson plan for middle and high school students.
- Veterans Day Activities- Numerous activities for students elementary students including printouts, worksheets, and poetry activities.
- Veterans Day FAQ's- Answers about the most common questions regarding Veterans Day.
- Veterans Day from the History Channel- Articles, speeches, videos, and pictures about Veterans Day.
- Operation We are Here- Numerous ideas for students of all ages for how to honor veterans.