This week I announced that I'm offering a new section of Teaching History With Technology starting in January. I've updated the course for 2020 to include a section on making your own history apps. The course starts on January 8th. You can get more information about it here.
These were the week's most popular posts:
1. My Favorite New & Updated Tools in 2019
2. Burning Vocabulary - A Chrome Extension for Expanding Your Vocabulary
3. How to Add Alt Text to Images in Google Documents
4. How to Add & Edit Google Sites Image Carousels
5. Word Game - A Simple Game Vocabulary Game
6. Boclips - Millions of Ad-free Educational Videos
7. Two Easy Ways to Share Google Forms Without Google Classroom
I'll come to your school in 2020!
2020 will be my tenth year of speaking at schools and conferences. Send me an email at richardbyrne (at) freetech4teachers.com to learn more about how we can work together.
Thank You for Your Support!
- More than 450 of you participated in a Practical Ed Tech webinar this year. Thank you!
- Robocompass - A Robotic, Online Geometry Box.
- Actively Learn offers thousands of high-interest academic articles for students.
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County has been supporting this blog for many years.
Other Places to Follow My Work
Besides FreeTech4Teachers.com and the daily email digest, there are other ways to keep up with what I'm publishing.
- Practical Ed Tech Newsletter - This comes out once per week (Sunday night/ Monday morning) and includes my tip of the week and a summary of the week's most popular posts from FreeTech4Teachers.com.
- My YouTube Channel - More than 16,000 are subscribed to my YouTube channel for my regular series of tutorial videos including more than 300 Google tools tutorials.
- The Practical Ed Tech Podcast is where I answer questions from readers, share news and notes, and occasionally talk to interesting people in education.
- Facebook - The FreeTech4Teachers.com Facebook page has nearly 450,000 followers.
- Twitter - I've been Tweeting away for the last twelve years at twitter.com/rmbyrne
- Instagram - this is mostly pictures of my kids, my dogs, my bikes, my skis, and fly fishing.