I make these lists to get some insights into what readers want to see more or less of. I also do this as a way to provide you with a quick way to catch up on some highlights of the last month in the field of educational technology.
These were the most popular posts in August:
1. Google is Adding an Originality Checker to Google Classroom
2. How to Use Flipgrid to Create Whiteboard Videos
3. Ten Google Product Updates for Teachers to Note
4. 5 Google Drive Tips You Might Have Overlooked or Forgotten
5. A Couple of Good Places to Find Icebreaker Activities
6. Bad News - Interactive Simulation Shows Students How Misinformation is Spread
7. How to Add New Fonts to Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets
8. Ten Tools for Telling Stories With Pictures - Updated for 2019-20
9. Ed Tech Fitness Challenges for Back-to-School Season
10. How to Embed Google Docs Into Your Blog Posts
Thank You for Your Support!
- More than 375 of you have participated in a Practical Ed Tech webinar this year. Thank you!
- Pixton is a fantastic tool for students to use to create digital stories. Get started by using their free "Truth or Lie" lesson plan.
- PrepFactory offers free, personalized SAT and ACT prep.
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County has been supporting this blog for many years.
Other Places to Follow My Work
Besides FreeTech4Teachers.com and the daily email digest, there are other ways to keep up with what I'm publishing.
- Practical Ed Tech Newsletter - This comes out once per week (Sunday night/ Monday morning) and includes my tip of the week and a summary of the week's most popular posts from FreeTech4Teachers.com.
- My YouTube Channel - More than 15,000 are subscribed to my YouTube channel for my regular series of tutorial videos including more than 300 Google tools tutorials.
- Facebook - The FreeTech4Teachers.com Facebook page has nearly 450,000 followers.
- Twitter - I've been Tweeting away for the last twelve years at twitter.com/rmbyrne
- Instagram - this is mostly pictures of my kids, my dogs, my bikes, my skis, and fly fishing.