This week I hosted the first session of the Practical Ed Tech Virtual Summer Camp. A huge thank you to all of the great teachers who joined me for five days of online learning. Many great questions were asked and ideas were shared. I'll be hosting the same event again in July. You can register for the July sessions here.
These were the most popular posts of the week:
1. How to Convert a PDF Into a Google Document
2. Five Screencastify Settings You Should Know How to Use
3. Webinar Recording & Slides - A Framework for Using Educational Technology
4. How to Create Your First Google Sites & 5 Ways to Customize It
5. Seven Ideas for Flipgrid Activities
6. A Great Set of Microsoft Teams Tutorials
7. How to Create Complete Sentence Requirements in Google Forms
Online Summer PD Opportunities
The Practical Ed Tech Virtual Summer Camp will be held two more times this summer. Register here for the July session of your choice.
In July I'll be hosting Teaching History With Technology. This is a five part course designed to help you develop new ways to create engaging history lessons and projects. Register now and use the discount code THWT2020.
This summer I'm working with a handful of schools and organizations to develop online professional development for teachers. If you'd like to work with me, please send me a note at richardbyrne (at) freetech4teachers.com to learn more about how we can work together.
Thank You for Your Support!
- More than 250 of you have participated in a Practical Ed Tech webinar this year. Thank you!
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County has been supporting this blog for many years.
- Pixton EDU offers a great way to create comics in your classroom.
- Find cool mugs and other swag in my YouTube store.
Other Places to Follow My Work
Besides FreeTech4Teachers.com and the daily email digest, there are other ways to keep up with what I'm publishing.
- Practical Ed Tech Newsletter - This comes out once per week (Sunday night/ Monday morning) and it includes my tip of the week and a summary of the week's most popular posts from FreeTech4Teachers.com.
- My YouTube Channel - 25,000 people subscribe to my YouTube channel for my regular series of tutorial videos including more than 350 Google tools tutorials.
- Facebook - The FreeTech4Teachers.com Facebook page has more than 450,000 followers.
- Twitter - I've been Tweeting away for the last thirteen years at twitter.com/rmbyrne
- Instagram - this is mostly pictures of my kids, my dogs, my bikes, my skis, and fly fishing.