Saturday, April 25, 2020
(This is meant to be fun. Please don't take it too seriously).
5 Things You Should Never Do In a Virtual Staff Meeting by richardbyrne
at 9:11 PM
I plan to spend the day playing outside with my kids and my dogs. I hope that wherever you are this weekend, you can get outside too. Getting fresh air and exercise is a great way to reset your brain after a long week of virtual meetings and virtual classes.
These were the week's most popular posts:
1. Google Classroom Assignments from Teacher and Student Perspectives - Nine Lessons
2. By Request - How to Create a Timed Quiz in Google Classroom
3. How to Reverse the Mirroring Effect in Zoom
4. Google Meet Gets a Grid View and Higher Quality Video Sharing
5. Google Sites Templates & Banners
6. Five Elementary Lessons You Can Do With Pixton EDU
7. Explore the Library of Congress on Your iPad
Online PD With Me!
I've been hosting professional development webinars for a decade.
- My most popular webinars are available on-demand right here.
- If you prefer live webinars, I am planning to host some more later this month and in May so stay tuned for more information about those soon.
- I'm always available to schedule custom, online PD for your school.
- More than 150 of you have participated in a Practical Ed Tech webinar this year. Thank you!
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County has been supporting this blog for many years.
- TPAI offers online graduate courses for teachers.
- Pixton EDU offers a great way to create comics in your classroom.
- Find cool mugs and other swag in my YouTube store.
Other Places to Follow My Work
Besides FreeTech4Teachers.com and the daily email digest, there are other ways to keep up with what I'm publishing.
- Practical Ed Tech Newsletter - This comes out once per week (Sunday night/ Monday morning) and it includes my tip of the week and a summary of the week's most popular posts from FreeTech4Teachers.com.
- My YouTube Channel - More than 21,000 people subscribe to my YouTube channel for my regular series of tutorial videos including more than 350 Google tools tutorials.
- The Practical Ed Tech Podcast is where I answer questions from readers, share news and notes, and occasionally talk to interesting people in education.
- Facebook - The FreeTech4Teachers.com Facebook page has more than 450,000 followers.
- Twitter - I've been Tweeting away for the last thirteen years at twitter.com/rmbyrne
- Instagram - this is mostly pictures of my kids, my dogs, my bikes, my skis, and fly fishing.
at 5:55 AM